I was worried our youngest might learn some new words, but in the end, things turned our much simpler than I thought they would.
I mentioned before how my headphones and video card all died on the same day. Via the magic of the internet, and a part of a day spent not marking, I managed to find a part that seemed to fit my ancient, in computer/dog years, PC and didn’t cost more than a replacement computer. I also found easy to follow instructions for installing it.
This means, of course, that I was expecting problems.
The part arrived and I warned our youngest not to listen to anything I was about to say, especially if I sounded angry. However, I was able to get things up and running surprisingly quickly and without any swearing.
I was also informed that I’d be getting a replacement set of headphones. Eventually.
This means all technical difficulties are more or less solved (except for a couple other parts that need replacing).
Then there’s the problem of the dead fly in the cheese. More on that in a future post.