Today I finally decided to do my New Year’s cleaning. That left me with a bit of a mess.
However, a bit of a mess is much less of a mess than was there before.
Today was the purge of the “No, really, some day I will; no really I will” projects and artifacts. I did this to clear things off the floor and get them on to shelves. This is always my goal when cleaning.
This meant I had to throw out a lot random scraps of lumber (long story), some of which had frozen to snow outside (even longer story), and shed the last of the handmade notebooks. This involved actually pulling them apart so that the paper can be recycled. The disassembly process is complicated enough that, for a few minutes, it made me reconsider getting rid of them.
The next step is to purge more things from the shelves, especially the random bits of things that have begun to gather on the top.
The final step will be to convince our oldest and She Who Must Be Obeyed to do the same thing to the other side of the variety room.
I don’t have my hopes up.